Friday, February 18, 2005

Bad Coffee

Driving through Lisbon, Maryland I stop to get gas. I also want coffee. My first thought upon seeing the coffee is, "What the hell is wrong with that?" It's tan, cloudy, and definitely messed up. My second thought is, "I really want coffee". I pour myself a cup and go to pay. The kid behind the counter says, "The coffee's free". I say, "Really? Thanks." I exit, take a sip, and violently spit it out. I walk back in and say, "That's the worst coffee I've ever had in my entire life." The kid pauses, smiles, and says, "That's why it's free."

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it a bit early to be pulling out your very best story?

    On the other hand, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. I've got more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While it is true that this was the "worst"cup of coffee you ever had, can an argument be made that this was also the "best" cup of coffee you ever had? Think about all of the mileage you have gotten out of it. Can something be both the worst and the best of a single category, at the same moment? Should I go get another cup of coffee myself, instead of junking up your comment page?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps "Best Worst Cup of Coffee." And yes you should go get another cup.

    ReplyDelete