Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Soulful Slurry


Over the past year I have theoretically (and sometimes actually) been putting together a childrens' book for the wee ones and for my own amusement. It's called At The Coffee Shop and is simply a plotless survey of the various folks one would meet there (appropriate for my children who have spent a substantial portion of their early years at coffee shops). Whether or not it will ever actually get finished I can't say, but it keeps me off the streets. I've started up on it again, and this is a detail from a line drawing I just completed (it will ultimately have color) of the "the poet".

3 comments:

  1. re: "keeps me off the streets"

    my grandfather always used the expression "keeps me off the streets and out of the pool halls."

    i use that expression myself as a tribute to him and also because it always gets a laugh. (as does my ubiquitous "i'm no psychologist, but. . . " you see, i am (of course) a psychologist). . . but i digress.

    i like your poet and i hope you finish your book. we need more children's books that are cut from a different cloth.

    i also like your blog and visit it often, and leaving this comment was as much to let you know it gets read as anything else.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And I like the "out of the pool halls" bit. I may have to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aneat drawing and I, too, hope you will get your book out

    ReplyDelete