Friday, April 29, 2005

Turkey Pot Pie vs. Gandalf

Boy, Round Two was fun and educational (we're just like PBS over here). I've got to give a tip-of-the-hat to the Channing-camp for style, and it was close, but in the end the numbers (4 to 3) dictate that the pie moves on.

Round Three:

a) Turkey pot pie?
b) Gandalf?

What? You don't know who Gandalf is? Where have you been? Perhaps you would know him by one of his other names: Olórin, Mithrandir, The White Rider, Stormcrow, Incánus, Tharkûn, or Gandalf Greyhame. Ring any bells? Or just skip it and vote for the pie.

Place your vote.

3 comments:

  1. Alright, I'm going to have to get the ball rolling on this one. I really don't have a clear favorite, so I'll try to break it down:

    Turkey pot pie
    pros: potentially very yummy (particularly if home made).
    cons: very high in calories - and potentially very crappy (particularly if store bought).

    Gandalf
    pros: very magical - low calories
    cons: very geeky

    Hmm. I can live with the geeky. I vote Gandalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TPP.

    I've been matching up the contestants against the best versions of each other. So I haven't considered how 'potentially crappy...store-bought' TPP might fare. Neither have I considered how potentialy deadly radioactive TPP would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "John"9:57 AM

    What's more magical; some geezer in a dunce hat and a dress, or a frozen meat pastry that can be purchased for under 75 cents?
    Turkey pot pie, duh.

    ReplyDelete