Thursday, May 19, 2005

Turkey Pot Pie vs. The Gin Fizz

We have a new challenger proposed by Beth, the Gin Fizz. Will Turkey Pot Pie remain victorious? Will it be toppled by this scrappy upstart? You decide.

Round 4:

a) Turkey Pot Pie?
b) The Gin Fizz?

Need more information? The internet says that a Gin Fizz is:
2 oz gin
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp powdered sugar
carbonated water

Shake gin, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a highball glass over two ice cubes. Fill with carbonated water, stir, and serve.
Place your vote.

7 comments:

  1. I'll start this one off by saying that I definitely vote for the Gin Fizz. No disrespect intended to TPP, but I'm ready for a regime change. And although I've never actually had a Gin Fizz it sounds delicious. I may have to make one tonight (I'm also very curious about the local New Orleans variation, the Ramos Gin Fizz).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I also wouldn't say not to a turkey pot pie and a Gin Fizz, or a turkey pot pie and a martini, or a turkey pot pie and a Gin Fizz and a martini (wait, no, that last one would be a bad thing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my gin fizz with egg whites. You don't really even need carbonated water - just shake it, like a polaroid picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm, the lesser of too weevils ... i say turkey pot pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. I'm intrigued by the egg whites. The various Ramos Gin Fizz recipes all called for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cameron8:32 AM

    Gin Fizzes - definitely!

    I make gin fizzes like this:
    some simple syrup
    some lemon and lime
    an egg white
    maybe a cup of gin?
    a dash of cream
    Shake these ingredients with ice for 3 minutes.

    Pour w/out ice and add a little soda if you want it to be even fizzier, But I happen to like it without.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop, you're killing me! It's 9:30 in the morning and all I can think about are giant, delicious cocktails.

    ReplyDelete