Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Wasted Day Is a Wasted Day Is a Wasted Day

What I learned in all day "process" training:
  • "Process management is process management is process management."
  • "A fool with a tool is still a fool."
  • "We've got [something-or-other]* out the 'gump stump'."
  • The instructor had poor hygiene in high school.
  • "An apple is an apple is an apple."
  • "Configuration management is configuration management is configuration management."
  • The instructor didn't have his first beer until he was 25.
  • "Training is not training is not training."**
I'm not sure I was paying attention to the right things.

* Sorry, I was spacing out.

** That last one was a bit tricky. He kind of mixed things up on us there.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard it said that if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the process...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gotta love that stuff. I hope you have seen The Office training day episode, where David Brent hijacks the training seminar by accident.

    Don't you work on some kind of computer software thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! The Office, and that episode in particular, was running on repeat loop in my head for much of the day. I even brought my guitar hoping for a jam session, but, sadly, it never materialized.

    ReplyDelete