Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Things I've Learned From My Daughter

It becomes difficult to eat your green beans when you've individually named them.

I was, of course, already familiar with this general principal from growing up on a sheep farm (name the "breeders" but not the "meat"), but I hadn't anticipated its relevance to the plant kingdom.

Note - I should specify that it is my elder daughter who experienced this difficulty. Number Two Daughter might technically be able to name the beans, but they would all be named "Dah", and she would certainly feel no guilt while gleefully devouring them.

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure what connection this has to your green bean story but it was the first item on your blog when it happened so I am making a connection!! Anyway this is my story. Make of it what you will! When I logged on this afternoon instead of Slimbolala's face, there was a man on a tractor(John Deere) driving across a lush green farm field-maybe beans and, oh I know, maybe he was a cracker packer. At any rate he was on a collision course with a truck. Just before they were going to collide there was a closeup of the man and he was naked. Then the screen went black and then Slimbolala appeared! The web is a wild and crazy place or maybe I am delusional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun stopping place. I enjoyed the stay. will return. frances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mom, nekkid tractor driving. You must have one of them fancy computers. Mine doesn't show anything remotely like that when I log on. But let's not neglect the possibility that the web is a wild place and you're delusional. They're not mutually exclusive.

    And, Frances, thank you. Please do visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy crap! your kids are awesome. That image of your youngest is great. That look. Ha!

    ReplyDelete