Here is a sampling of some of the things the folks here have evacuated with:
Sarah and I:
- A juicer.
- Simple syrup (we thought this was just a three day evacuation - we figured a mean old hurricane is was no reason not to have good daiquiris).
- The fancy, purple purse that her mother gave her, by far the fanciest purse she has ever owned. It's very nice.
- A guitar.
- A mini-Marshall portable amp.
- His brother's "Davioke" book (his brother, Dave's, song book for karaoke with live accompaniment - oodles of hits from recent decades - it's a remarkable treasure).
- A crystal paperweight with a laser-etched illustration of a light house.
- A jar of Creole mustard (the local New Orleans variety) because, as he rightly points out, you can't get it any where else.