Friday, September 02, 2005

Home for Now

We're in Perdido with our friends. It's so good to be here. I have lots I want to say but don't have the wherewithal to say at the moment. I will post more once our batteries have recharged a bit.

I have been essentially incapable of watching the news for the past couple of days - it's too painful and we've had too much to handle - and have essentially been in a self-imposed news blackout, relying on friends and family to give me brief dispatches of the key developments. Now that we're here I'm at a point where I can start watching it again. Awful.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26 PM

    David, i'm so glad you ar e together with everyone. please send my love. write me mtuminaro@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish there was more, but again....we're just so so sorry. You guys are in our thoughts.

    Hold tight to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kphiker1:41 AM

    it's painful enough watching the news when we don't have any ties to your area -- i can't imagine how hard it must be for you. and one of the worst things is not knowing when you'll be able to start doing anything about your home. very tough experience to have to go through! as traci said, you are in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting, David, and reassuring us that you and your family are safe and sound and somehow holding on despite this upending of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not just the upending of our lives, it's also the upending of an entire culture, an entire lifestyle, and the utter displacement of thousands.

    I haven't yet seen the president hug a dirty child.

    He was afraid of Cindy at the ranch? I wanna see that man face up to some questions from the women at the superdome and the convention center?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christ, I would pay good money to see him go head to head with a couple of those ladies.

    ReplyDelete