Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Day in Pictures



The weather in New Orleans has turned remarkably beautiful. It had been nasty-hot, but is now mid-seventies, clear, and breezy. This has made working in the house more tolerable. My respirator no longer accumulates pools of sweat. And the city doesn't stink quite as bad.

...




Lil' Slimbo.

...




A very nice sunset over my battered, old neighborhood.

...

Tomorrow I head back to Austin - wrap things up here in the morning and then head there later in the day. The gals are sick. I need to be there. And I need a break from this stuff. Enough is enough.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your girls are sick, but it's nice to hear NO is recovering to a small degree. Baby steps today, big steps tomorrow. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It breaks my heart to see that photo (although it does add to that "aged feel ay?)...did any of your photos, books, etc survive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of my digital photos from the past few years are completely fine which is a huge relief. As for the regular photos from the earlier stages are life, a lot are lost, but a fair number are salvageable, almost all have water damage, but I suppose, that, in it's way tells it's own story.

    ReplyDelete