Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hip Hip Hooray!

We're in New Orleans. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I'm sitting right now in my favorite coffee shop, one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. It's full of people, full of familiar faces, ranging from dear personal friends to folks that I just recognize from around town. It's great to see them. There's plenty of more that still needs to be worked out, plenty more hard stuff yet to come, but our life is finally ours again. That's a really huge step. And we'll work out the rest.

7 comments:

  1. congrats! I'm so so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! Ya'll are home. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please drink an iced coffee for me. I finally got my vacation dates and I'm heading back home for the last two weeks of December. I have a feeling I'll be crying the whole flight home.... that or smiling so hard that it hurts.

    I can't say how happy I am for y'all and everyone else in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! All good wishes for the slog ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kphiker1:25 PM

    you nola people have so much pluck! i'll bet it is invigorating to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. Yeah, it is invigorating. Everyone here has been through so much. The specifics are different but there is this common bond. And the people who are back here now are mostly eally determined to make this work, despite the obstactles, a certain gratifying stubborness at work.

    ReplyDelete