Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Stick a Fork in Me...

I'm done.

Let's recap, shall we?
  1. New Orleans.
  2. Memphis
  3. Alabama
  4. Austin
  5. Mississippi
  6. New Orleans
  7. Austin
  8. Virginia
  9. Baltimore
  10. New York
  11. Virginia
  12. Austin
  13. Fort Worth
  14. Austin
  15. New Orleans
In what, two and a half months? I'm never crossing the parish line again.* You can come visit me.

* O.K. This is not technically feasible. All the damn stores are over in Jefferson Parish, so going there is unavoidable. But I'm never leaving the bi-parish-greater-metro-area ever, ever again.

5 comments:

  1. So are you going to evacuate when the next big one gets to the Gulf, or are you just going to sit tight and ride 'em out?

    (I know you have to evacuate for your family's safety of course, but all that travelling does fray one's nerves, as does all that interstate driving.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully next time there will be an extensive new levee system. I think they need to start teaching Dutch in the schools and there should be some kind of exchange program. Just a crazy thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowza. This is the point at which most awful New Orleans gut renovations begin. You know, Irish Channel, shotgun style. Whatcha gonna do, open concept, floating chimney? Skylights?

    You could actually permenantly EMBED your demitasse collection into the walls...make a chandelier with 'em....endless, ENDLESS possibilities!

    The world is your oyster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. So I'm not really going to stay put forever. But allow me my little curmudgeonly moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah. And I also spent a night in River Ridge, and we actually stayed at two different spots in Austin. So if we're tallying actual different places where I spent the night, the count is 17. I wasn't built to be a nomad. I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete