Thursday, December 01, 2005

Taints

Since posting my original “This Blog Is Your Blog, Redux” list I have come to regret the inclusion of the item, “taints”. I even wrote up a funny (I thought) little post on it but have since decided that little birdie will never fly. Suffice it to say that the entire point of the post was merely to use the phrase, “taint misbehavin’”.

I know there are those among you who aren’t clear exactly what a taint is and are undoubtedly irked by my refusal to, er, illuminate the matter. Alright, if you absolutely must know, here's a definition, but don’t come complaining to me afterwards, because I’m warning you, it taint nuthin’ nice.

Ask and ye shan’t receive.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad to see that you finally got this off your chest...I know the taint been a buggin' ya.

    taint nuthin to it, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, really. I can't tell you how good it feels to get that taint off my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hhowell12:18 AM

    I am always giggling over the (taint) tandem fascination/revulsion thing you've got going for the taint!
    It seems you hate the taint, but can never walk away from the taint.
    There, I said it four times.

    By the way that dictionary link is awesome:

    g-tard - a suburban white kid who pretends he's from the ghetto.

    e.g., "he's all decked out in FUBU and nautica gear that his lawyer parents bought him... what a g-tard."

    ReplyDelete
  5. "can never walk away from the taint" - I'm fairly certain that's the first time in history that phrase has been used.

    Love the taint. Hate the taint. But to not deny the taint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, and you're right! That dictionary is good (I admit I didn't really look at it before - was just hunting for an online definition of "taint" that wasn't incredibly vulgar). A particular favorite of my brief little perusal is the following:

    gag a maggot off a gutwagon - Something that stinks.

    e.g., His odor is so bad it would gag a maggot off a gutwagon.

    I like the whole thing, but I particularly like the term, "gutwagon". Do such things exist? Under what circumstances is a gutwagon used? Is their a term for the driver of a gutwagon? "Gutwagoneer"? Makes ya think, dun't it?

    ReplyDelete