Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Bloggy-Birthday To Me!

Cue the Beatles, because today is my birthday - or more precisely, the birthday of my world-wide-alterego, Slimbolala, who sprang into existence one year ago today.

I look back to that first post and see so many of the key elements there right from the start: the aimless cheekery, the obsession with Men at Work, the haughty disdain of all matters gastronomical. And it wasn't long before other tics manifested: coffee, chickens, ass, more coffee, more ass.

But there's still room to grow. Now that I've achieved this major milestone, what can we expect? Experts say:
  • I hold things with one hand while I'm doing something else with the other hand.
  • I try to dress or undress myself, but I'm not very good at it yet.
  • I like to put objects in containers.
  • I insist on feeding myself.
  • I babble in phrases that sound like short sentences.
  • I follow simple directions and understand most things you say to me.
  • I feel great that I have a personality all my own.
  • I am developing a sense of humor and think a lot of things are funny.
  • I love being the center of attention.
Good stuff.

There have been plenty of good times. There have certainly been bad times (eesh!). But we all keep chug-a-chug-chuggin' along. Choo-choo! And you all have been the most sparkling, delightful, luminous, beautiful (having never seen you, I can only assume this is the case) bunch of world-wide-pals a guy could hope for.

Thanks a million. Now, lets have some cake.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were born, slimbolala!
    I Love You!
    You are my inspiration...sorry, tmi.
    Happy Bloggy-Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogging Birthday, Slimbolala. I really enjoy reading your daily musings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on doin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How convenient - Slimbolala shares a birthday with Mozart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kphiker9:31 PM

    happy bloggy birthday and i wish you many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [Lori]: It is clear that you and Molly (now 13 mo.) have a lot in common! And indeed, both of you are very entertaining.
    Happy b-b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A child prodigy, to be sure!

    Happy bloggy birthday, and thanks for the bloggy cake. Mmmm. ASCII.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy bloggy birthday! Looking forward to much more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Bloggy day...even if this is late....

    ReplyDelete