Friday, January 13, 2006

Hubig's



Hubig's pies, like so many other local delicacies, were knocked out of production by The-Storm-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, but as of this past Monday they're on the shelves again. By the time I made it to the store late in the afternoon, the morning's shipment had dwindled to an assortment of the funkier flavors (under no other circumstances would I have purchased pineapple). I scooped up an armful, paid the cashier, and headed home to the gang, though not without consuming two pies along the way. Mmm, eating pie while riding a bike on a warm January day - life doesn't get much better than that.

Hmm, why is there no Hubig's grape pie?

2 comments:

  1. Were you around for the first year of Le Krewe d'Etat, when the secret throw was Hubig's Pies? It was awesome, but they didn't throw my favorite flavor: Strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say I missed it. I would have been knocking down children and old ladies for that one.

    ReplyDelete