Thursday, February 09, 2006

Back to the Future

Fly on, Little Wing! Now, we not only have phone service at our residence but internet too, actual honest-to-God, highspeed, wireless-fidelity internet. No more chiseling my blog posts into stone tablets and mailing them to my service provider. No more weekend bloggy-black outs (unless I'm actually blacked out or just plain lazy - both are viable possibilities). Now I can serve up my hot, steaming nuggets of quality content at any hour of day or night, whenever the mood strikes. I'm writing this post, for example, while curled up in a fetal position under our dining room table (I find I do my best work that way). Slimbolala - 24/7. Shazam!

4 comments:

  1. Francine12:13 PM

    Aha! So that's where you've been hiding! Viv and I came by the coffice yesterday to visit, but you were clearly out. By the way, when the coffeeshop is your office, do you go out for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm still working from the coffice (sitting around an empty house makes me jumpy - the eavesdropping is really lame). But now that Sarah's rejoining the workforce I've adopted farmer's hours. I'm at the coffice by "o-dark-thirty" as the Navy dorks I used to work with would say - work straight through, home for lunch by two-sumthin-sumthin, pick up the gals at three, and cook dinner and have it on the table with a big martini by the time Sarah walks in the door at five-whatever. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! Now you can be reached with book deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on rejoining the fully digital age. And my belated congrats to Sarah as well.

    ReplyDelete