Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Behold! I Now Present to You...

the Lost Painting at the End of the Earth!



Ana, my partner in crime, has graciously sent me a photo of it for me to share (she offered to send the real thing, but I like her having it). So there you see the deer, the bunny (that blurry white patch in the foreground - I had a hard time figuring out how to paint white objects in watercolors), Appleberry Mountain, and the apocryphal red-roofed cabin peeking over the hill on the right.

Well, it may not be the world's best painting, but it's got a pretty good provenance.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks. Also note the gen-u-ine Hi Ho Lounge funk smoodged against the sky in the upper right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would have recognized the talent immediately if you were my pupil. There is a dreamlike quality in the choice of colors (even if they faded). As for the bunny, did you have an imaginary friend when you were little?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this painting!! It's sincere and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hi Ho funk was my favorite part. Notice it right away.

    um... not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Hi Ho funk really may be my favorite part, or at least its juxtaposition with the utterly un-urban, un-funky scene of the painting

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to get to see the painting...

    I really love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I must now return the comment of "You must be so proud." Only, you probably are...whereas I am mildly embarrassed by my artistic beginnings.

    Did I mention that I love this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I thought it was a damn fine Daffy. And if we want to get into embarassing early art endeavors, I will mention that I drew way too many renditions of Garfield, the cat.

    ReplyDelete