Friday, February 17, 2006

Portrait by the Artist as a Young Woman

Dad was called Big Bug. I was called Lil' Bug. I'm thinking, perhaps, Louise should be called Shutterbug (and naturally June is Junebug). She has inherited my old camera, my first-generation Canon Digital Elph, now called the "kiddie camera" (thanks for the new one, ma and pa - if you really are my ma and pa). And she's run with it. Here are a few choice samples from the first batch:

Junebug:



Backyard pastoral:



Ernie:



Delilah:



My left foot:



Self-portrait:



Damn fine. Damn fine.

3 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I especially love the self portrait and the one of June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good composition with Delilah.
    ...and the June picture! Talk about capturing the unseen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. She's got her daddy's eye for shapes and colour.

    ReplyDelete