Thursday, March 09, 2006

"How's the Weather Up There?"

Jeezum! There's some weird weather coming down, some sort of tornado-laden band of nastiness headed our way. As I biked home into the wind for lunch, I felt like I should be wearing a witch costume, and I think I averaged a wobbly 3 mph. As I headed downwind back to the coffice it felt more like 30. On the way, I passed some workers carefully scurrying along the roof of a house as tarps flapped and their materials blew away. I gave them a big "I'm-glad-I'm-not-up-there-with-you-and-I-hope-you-don't-die" smile. They gave big "yeah-we-hope-we-don't-die-either" smiles back at me. Except they smiled theirs in Spanish, but we understood each other. Big, toothy grins are an international language.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we speak a cmmon language of freak weather. It was really eerie today. I told you, my moths took flight yesterday. All the same thing. Weird wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just a little spooky yesterday. (We're just to thw west of you all.)

    ReplyDelete