Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"Excuse My French, Everybody in America..."

Here's one for our compendium of Katrina humor:

A number of years ago, a bizarrely brilliant toy showed up on the scene, Cajun in Your Pocket, a little, talking keychain that, when you pressed the buttons, said things like "We gonna pass a good time, yah, chere!" and "I love you like a pig loves corn!" all delivered in thick Cajun-speak. It became a local mini-sensation. The makers followed it up with equally genius creations like Mr. T in Your Pocket.

And now they've done it again, giving the world the simultaneously hilarious and disconcerting Mayor in Your Pocket which delivers impassioned sound bites from Nagin's famed post-Katrina radio interview such as "Get their asses movin' to New Orleans!" and "Excuse my French, everybody in America, but I... am... pissed!"

Is a toy supposed to give you the chills? I don't know, but this one does.

Note: They're not paying me to say this. I merely feel compelled to give evil geniuses their due.

1 comment:

  1. Marco9:08 AM

    I sent a link for "Da Mayor in Yo' Pocket" to Imus in the Morning on MSNBC. One of his assistants does a pretty good Nagin imitation.
    His (Bernie as Nagin) 6 point evacuation plan is very funny.

    ReplyDelete