Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Flash Flood

Check out this step-by-step animated graphic of the flood waters penetrating New Orleans:
Flash Flood: Hurricane Katrina's Inundation of New Orleans, August 29, 2005
It's stunningly well done and extremely informative.* Our refrigerator is covered with maps and newspaper clippings I've collected over the past 9 months, but this has given me far and away the best understanding of what happened that day.

* I continue to be very impressed by the work of the Times-Picayune.

Thanks for the tip, Moth Girl.

2 comments:

  1. shit...still incredible to even consider....

    ReplyDelete
  2. teresa8:34 AM

    catastrophic failure at every level, isn't that what they say? I'd seen the graphic but not the interactive. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why it is so satisfying to know exactly how things were destroyed, but it is.

    ReplyDelete