I have a confession. I’m a girl-boy. No, no, not some Eugenidesian biological anomaly. And I ain't no wussie "girlie-man" either. I possess all the true manly virtues:
- I'm a good father to my children.
- I'm a good husband to my wife.
- I can pack a U-Haul with vicious efficiency.
- I once built a barn.*
- I study maps for fun.
- I have a little thingy on my keychain with lots of tools (including real manly tools like pliers and bottle openers, not just girlie stuff like nail files and scissors).
- I can’t bring myself to give a damn about sports.
- I cut hair, well, specifically my hair (no Supercuts for me, thank you very much). And when I do, I collect the trimmings on the unread Sports section.
- I'm Decorator in Chief at our house.
- I like to talk about people.
- I don’t like to talk about investment strategies.
- I collect demitasses.
- I spend way too much time thinking about things like fashion-space.
- I drink white wine spritzers (oh, wait - that's Euro).
- I do yoga.
- I have no idea what I bench press.
What'd you say? Are you making fun of me? Shut up. I'll kick your ass!
* Well, technically, I might have had some help with this one, but let's not quibble.