Monday, June 19, 2006

Queue the Strings

Queue the strings. Press play on the slow-mo memory montage. My tenure at the coffice has come to an end, and as of today, I'm actually back at the regular old office.* It was a good run, and I will cherish our moments together: the obese ontologist, the uppity hoo-ha, the fucking apes, the Rock 'n' Roll Raider, the mug-to-recovery, the wacky mack-attack-y, the diarrhea dialectic, mini-Manson makes a move, life, poo, love, and conflict. The coffice is a many-splendored thing. I will miss it. And I promise, some day I shall return.

* Although the regular old office isn't so regular. In fact, it's really weird. The buildings themselves didn't flood, but they did experience catastrophic roof failure, turning them into giant, soggy mold-farms. Now the mold is gone, but the work crews are still there. Most of the floors remain uninhabited. The parking lots are full of trailers. Heavy machinery rumbles by all day. And there's not much of anything else for miles around: no restaurants, no coffee-shops, just the occasional barely functional university whose student center I intend to raid for my midday coffee and wi-fi fix.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:15 PM

    We truly enjoyed those stories from the coffice and look forward to many more equally weird ones from the real world work spot!!

    ReplyDelete