Tuesday, July 11, 2006

News Flash: Slimbo-Readers Are Slightly Cooler Than Expected!

The results are in. The social grade of Slimbo-readers* breaks down as follows:**



There was a preponderance of nerds, weirdos, and losers, but also a surprising number of Bs and even a splash of A or A-ish folks*** bringing us to an average grade of (da-da-da-daaa!):
B-
OMG! We're "socially in the mix," just barely, but whatever. This is like the best day of my life! OMG! I can't wait to tell my mom!

* You complicated types were given a single, average value using whatever gall-durned logic I felt like.

** The fact that I made this chart clearly demonstrates why I was a C.

*** 'Cause frankly I assumed you were all on the fast train to Dorkville.

5 comments:

  1. Just what does the average value look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, my explanation might have been a little fuzzy. I simply mean that those of you with varying social grades were assigned a single grade representing an approximate average of your high school career. Since you went from A to F and everywhere in between, I think I just gave you a C.

    But if I keep on explaining how much I geeked out on this, you all are going to demote me to a D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your average logic is based on the assumption that these categories form a continuum (and that you've captured the sequence of that continuum correctly). Mightn't one assume that a 'C' is really where it's at, the actual top of the social ladder?

    Bah, who am I kidding. I just always wanted to be one of the popular kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grades is grades is grades (but just between you and me, C really is where it's at - those A and B kids, they just wish they had what we have).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, do I feel better!! Being the mother of a high school nerd/weirdo has been difficult!

    ReplyDelete