Monday, July 03, 2006

The Sounds in My Head

In truth, I'm a bit of a musical curmudgeon, and my real musical heart-of-hearts resides in that far-off era before the Beatles set foot on Ed Sullivan's stage, but I still like to know what those crazy rock n' roll kids are up to these days. To this end, I have waded into the brave new (to me) world of podcasts and discovered* this fine program:
The Sounds in My Head
It's a fellow named Daniel who puts together "a weekly music podcast featuring songs and bands you might have missed," recent cuts from various indie/rockie/etcetera bands I've mostly never heard of intermixed with his fine banter plus plenty of cheeky, leftist-propaganda snippets.

Try it. You'll like it.

* Well, more precisely I learned about it from Rob Walker, author of this fine book and this fine blog, but anyhoo...

3 comments:

  1. i've never done the podcast thing, but i totally love the no-commercial internet station 'frostbyte groove lounge' at http://overxposure.fm/ -- slow jazz funk and ooooh sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penelope_CA11:01 PM

    a million thanks for "The Sounds in My Head" I've listened to a few of the podcasts and I'm hooked.

    stumbled upon your blog recently by accident and have been reading it in chronological order since ('cause I'm a Virgo that way)

    spent my 40th Birthday in NOLA the year before the-storm-that-shan't-be-named and fell in love with the place. I appreciate the window you give to life there, keep up the good work! :-)

    *waving hi from San Diego*

    ReplyDelete