Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lil' Monkey

We often jokingly refer to June as our little monkey because she's... well... so damned monkey-like: mischievous, willful, and always getting into trouble. But the events of this morning really sealed the deal. She was sitting at the kitchen counter, eating her breakfast. I left the room for no more than two minutes. When I returned, she had gotten ahold of an entire bunch of bananas, peeled each of them, and taken a bite out of every single one.* Eesh!

Infernal varmint.**

* I guess she's just bananas for bananas.

** "Varmint" is a good word. We should use it more. So is "infernal." We should use it more too.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Reminds me of http://www.diningwithmonkeys.blogspot.com/ which is a great site if you ever decide to take the girls to Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that your "varmint" comment put a big grin on my face today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a monkey whisperer. I went back and read some of your early posts and it seems that monkeys have always been a great source of amusement to you. I can understand this. Maybe your monkey fascination has been passed on unwittingly to little Louise. Thus, her varmint- monkey-like behavior at certain times. Just a theory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, monkeys are of great importance in this household, and it seems to have passed on to the next generation.

    ReplyDelete