Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sweet Sixteen

'Tis the season of anniversaries, good and bad(1, 2). Today is a good one. Today, the Lady and I have officially been together sixteen years.* I would like to celebrate this occasion with an uproarious "boo-yeah!" In unison, of course. All together now:

"Boo-yeah!"

Thank you. That was very nice.

* In two years, we actually arrive at the "Half Our Lives" mark. I intend to fully geek out on this, calculating the precise halfway date between our birthdays, the exact number of days from that date to Sept. 13, 1990, and the exact double of that duration. But I'm a little worried about leap years. Leap years are kind of hard.

5 comments:

  1. Hope it's a happy one!

    (and if figuring out the "Half Our Lives" mark makes you a geek, then Bubba and I are in the club. We have sat down and figured this... although, we didn't take into account Leap Years. Hmmm...some refiguring might be needed...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda7:16 PM

    A few more specifics, please--are we counting from jumping out the window of Randall? A kiss? An actual date? I realize some of this info maybe be confidential, but let's define our terms a little if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've been looking forward to the half our lives thing too. Glad I'm not the only one.
    Congrats on sixteen! You will always have us beat, but not by all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, the "jumping" out of the window of Randall. That is really what won Sarah's heart for you, you know. Good call, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah. I forgot about the window incident. No, that was merely part of my incredibly dorky courtship.

    ReplyDelete