Thursday, September 07, 2006

When I Dream About the Sleep Fairy

Recently Louise has taken to composing little storybooks, stapling together pieces of paper, drawing the illustrations, and dictating the text to an adult scribe. The topics range from fairies to princesses to custom painted cars to fussy baby sisters. I think they're a hoot. Here's a sample:



When I was sleeping last night I dreamed I was flying with the Sleep Fairy in the dark blue night. I imagined that instead of the night sky we were flying through chocolate and as we were flying we kept eating and eating chocolate.

The End.


I particularly like the little turquoise dream bubbles leading from sleeping Louise up to the fairy in the dark blue night. Where did she pick that up?

3 comments:

  1. The sleep fairy must fly around the edge of space where all of the candy is... I love that. You've got a really special little girl there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:39 PM

    I want to fly with her and eat some chocolate. What a great dream. Better than being on the railroad tracks with the train coming and not being able to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, although arguably, most deams are better than being on the railroad tracks and not being able to move

    ReplyDelete