Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ahoy-Hoy

We're back from our galloping tour of the mid-Atlantic region. Here are a few of the things we saw:
  • A big family reunion celebrating the 150th "birthday" of our farm.
  • Lots of relatives, some of whom I knew, many of whom I didn't know but kind of pretended to know because I wasn't sure which ones I'd met twenty years ago but forgotten and which ones I really didn't know.
  • Lots of sheep.
  • Lots of old friends.
  • Some very adorable wee ones.
  • Lots of Johnnies (and I'm happy to report that they dress as awfully as always).
  • A lady crabbing, pulling huge, iridescent, green and blue monsters out of the water as they clung greedily to raw chicken necks, then tossing them into a bucket from which they stared furiously up at us, claws at the ready, looking for a fight.
  • Lots of boats.
  • Some of our flood-funked antiques, partially restored to their former glory.
  • Lots of schematics for Civil War-era cannons (don't ask).
  • Three deer.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:45 PM

    I'm overwhelmed! Were you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention lots of jello salad.

    And yes, a wee bit, at points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that some of your antiques were salvaged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh pretty please, tell me about schematics for civil war canons!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. schematics for Civil War-era cannons
    schematics for Civil War-era cannons
    schematics for Civil War-era cannons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume the johnnie fashion comment refers to current students, and not esteemed alumni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly not the esteemed alumni whose company we enjoyed. But among the larger alumni population, there are, undeniably, some fashion-catastrophe hold-outs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Picky, picky, picky, Will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my interpretation of Will's comment was merely that he was delirious with excitement over the possiblity of learning more about the schematics, not that he was correcting anyone's phrase-ology. On the other hand, fights are fun, and who cares if they have sound justification or are merely based on some wacky misunderstanding. Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What he said. The delerious thing. Thanks for drifting my way!

    ReplyDelete