Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hot Taco Tip*

So I've been conducting an incredibly erratic and unscientific sampling of the wares of various taco trucks around town. (How often does a city get a major new culinary culture essentially overnight? This requires research.) They're all good, unlike anything that existed in this town before the storm, but I just discovered my absolute new fave as we were driving out to Lowe's the other day.

I don't know what it's called (does it matter? they're all some minor variation on the word "taco"), but I can tell you where it is: the uptown, lakeside corner of the S. Claiborne and Eagle St. (across from the water processing station on the way out to Jeff Highway).

They have pork, beef, and chorizo (I think; there were language barriers). I've had them all (I think), and they're all excellent. The meat is fresh and perfectly seasoned, and they top it with hot, grilled onions and herbs, and the green sauce that comes in the little containers is very hot (they don't sell drinks, so you'll have to hit up the Spur across the street) and very delicious.

Stop by. And don't forget to tell 'em Slim sent you (though they will have no idea what you're saying and give you blank stares).

* Is it just me, or does this post-title somehow
sound horribly obscene?

5 comments:

  1. * Is it just me, or does this post-title somehow sound horribly obscene?

    It does if you want it to. Do you want it to? I'm thinking yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or does Ashley's comment somehow sound horribly obscene?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your minds out of the gutter, ye ne'er-do-wells.

    ReplyDelete