Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"You should see my best feature…"

I was in the locker room at the gym. From the next row over I heard, "You should see my best feature..." I thought to myself, "Hmm, where's that gonna go?" From the next row over I heard, "...my back." I thought to myself, "Okay, it's not going there, but what the hell is he talking about?" From the next row over I heard, "It looks really good on a pedestal." I thought to myself, "Really, what the hell is he talking about?" As I walked out, I saw him standing on a stool, shirtless and striking a full (and, to my eyes, incredibly goofy) body builder pose: body at a quarter profile, torso tilted back, fists pressed together, every muscle popping in a spectacle of freakish contouring. The other man watched him intently in the mirror.

Body building, what's up with that?

2 comments:

  1. Well, what was his best feature? I am dying to know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His back. For real. He really was way into his back with all its spectacle of freakish contouring. At first I thought his "back" might be some sort of encoded down-low-speak, but he really was just talking about his back.

    ReplyDelete