Monday, February 26, 2007

Redrum! RedRUM!

Happy Inconsequential-Statement-of-Preference Monday:

You know what I like? Painting. Not pictures. Walls. (And I'm not alone in this—I know you're out there.) I'm currently painting our downstairs bathroom red. It had (quite recently) been painted a pale lavender, but it somehow wound up feeling like a douche commercial from the Seventies.* So we're changing it to red. The red is much better.

* You don't really see douche commercials on TV anymore. When did that happen? And were they actually all purple-hues, beaches, and sunsets? That's the way I remember them.

5 comments:

  1. I think they quit airing douche commercials on network TV after SNL did the "Massengill Egg Cream flavor" parody.

    And if you're just dying to see them, try Lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah9:28 AM

    I hear you, friend (about the painting, that is - not so much the douche). I'm repainting the entire flat, every room a different set of colours, plus the baseboards, the radiators, the closet doors, and the mouldings... oooh, I absolutely love my mouldings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beiser12:20 PM

    I've been afraid to comment...but, in all seriousness, I think they quit airing the ads as it came to light that routine douching is bad for one's health - now the accepted medical opinion.

    If you want to see something crazy, google "lysol douche ad."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frederika7:40 PM

    The vagina is a self-cleaning machine! And I also love to paint walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning
    It's a self-cleaning machine


    Whoop there it is, folks! Where else can you hear such insights, such a high caliber of discourse, such fearless reckoning with today's hottest issues? We rush in where other fear to tread.

    ReplyDelete