Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pop Quiz: "Come at the King, You Best Not Miss" Edition

Pop quiz:
Why is The Wire so damn good?*
I try to sum it up but find myself hopelessly gushing or falling into a silent reverie. I'm a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.

* Yes, yes, I realize I'm desperately late to the scene and every critic on God's green earth has already written about exactly why it's so damn good while I'm still way back amidst the hookers and loading docks of Season Two, but time moves slowly in our quiet, cable-less corner of Netflix-land. Forgive me.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:29 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because they have the best writers. Everything comes from that. They're writing about what they know about. Ed Burns and David Simon spent over 2 years working on "The Corner", and before that Simon sat in a Bawlmer Homicide unit for a year.

    All of that spawned "The Wire", which could only be on HBO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, the first time I left the giganto-crazy-spam in place because I found it amusing. But now it's wearing thin; plus it's a little heavy on the holocaust-was-staged bizness for my taste; plus I don't really give a damn about Anna Nicole Smith (sorry), but I really do care about The Wire. Delete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no worries, you're not so far behind: I had to click the link just to find out what The Wire was. ha.

    ReplyDelete