Thursday, April 19, 2007

Leshers Krofish Boel


Louise's reinterpretation of the Crawfish Boil sign: two big crawfish in chef hats and aprons cooking up a bunch of little crawfish. I love it.

Do you like having a good time while simultaneously supporting quality public education? Well then, Saturday should be a bang-up day for you because it's the Lusher Crawfish Boil (Fortier Campus, Nashville and Freret, 11am–5pm) with a cornucopia of music and activities for folks large and small, and all proceeds go to my darling little kindergartner's darling school.

Oh, and the Bruisers play at four o'clock.* (Well, they say four o'clock but last time they said ten and we went on at one, so let's just call it late afternoon.)

Hope to see you there. Giddyup.

* Two Bruiser's gigs in a week? What the hell is going on?

6 comments:

  1. Anybody know why it's at Fortier this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy8:34 AM

    I love this illustration! Your daughter is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's at Fortier due to construction / space considerations at the lower school. They're not sure which campus will be hosting it in future years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a totally cool drawing. I want to go to that "Krofish Boel"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw you and your girls at the boil but didn't run up and say hi, as I had a sleepy baby in tow... and also, you don't know me. But I do love to read your blog and keep up with New Orleans through your blog!

    ReplyDelete