Thursday, April 05, 2007

O Eh O Eh O Eh O Eh, O Eh Oo Aah O Eh Oo Aah

It's that time again. We're off for our annual trek to South Beach. The bags are packed (I'm travelling light—just rollerblades and a pair of hot pants), the Coppertone is slathered (I like to grease myself up before getting on the plane so I can really start rocking the tan the moment the wheels touch tarmac), and my taste buds are tingling with anticipation of the first cafĂ© Cubano (no joke this time—it's just good).

I like Miami. The only problem I foresee is that at night, when you turn off all the lights, there's no place that you can hide. Oh no, the rhythm is gonna getcha. In bed, throw the covers on your head You pretend like you are dead, but I know it. The rhythm is gonna getcha… rhythm is gonna getcha… rhythm is gonna getcha… rhythm is gonna get you. The rhythm is gonna get you tonight. No way, you can fight it every day, but no matter what you say you know it.The rhythm is gonna getcha. No clue, of what's happening to you, and before this night is through, ooh baby, the rhythm is gonna getcha… rhythm is gonna getcha… rhythm is gonna getcha… rhythm is gonna get you. The rhythm is gonna get you tonight. O eh, o eh, o eh, o eh. O eh, oo aah, o eh, oo aah. O eh, o eh, o eh, o eh. O eh, oo aah, o eh, oo aah. O eh, o eh. Yah yeh goh. Yah yeh goh. Yah yeh goh

So that is a bit of an issue, but I think we'll still manage to have a nice time. Adios y vaya con dios, mis amigos.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love South Beach.

    We go at least once a year. Usually around New Years.

    Where do you stay when you go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds terrifying. I've heard similar tales of the aforementioned sinister rhythm waylaying unsuspecting visitors and forcing them, under duress, to perform a submissive ritual, referred to as "doing the conga". According to survivors' reports, you'll feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger, and as it crescendos, you'll find that you cannot control yourself any longer.

    Just something to watch out for. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At my mother-in-law's condo. It's a little cozy, but her back yard is the beach. Not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete