Friday, May 18, 2007

Bumper-Comedy Gold

The other day I saw a bumper sticker, "WELDERS STAY IN HEAT". Now, I realize this is not a new genre*—the career-innuendo pun has been kicked around for a while. (Though at the moment I can't actually think of a single other example. "SPELUNKERS DO IT IN DEEP HOLES"? No...) But I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, there's a bit of bumper-comedy gold left in that vein.

Is there a pun for every career?
  • Accountants?
  • Car salesmen?
  • Organic chemists?
  • Small-engine maintenance technicians?
  • Wal-Mart greeters?
  • Sandwich artists?
Is there any career that can't be innuendoed? (I'm pretty sure there are some that shouldn't be.)

We still have so much to learn...

* Nor was this a particularly good example of the genre.

9 comments:

  1. Embalmers do it on the table???

    ewww.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A T-shirt my friend wears: "Archaeologists Date Any Old Thing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. joshua8:04 PM

    i've seen an entire set of engineering ones, but i can't think of most of them at the moment. "chemical engineers are good at bonding" is one.

    but, a more important question lies before us: *are* chemical engineers good at bonding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't beat Wagner's Meat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that's a whole 'nother kettle of naughty fish. What variations are there on THAT theme? "You can't choke Wagner's chicken"? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew a competitive swimmer who had one: "breastroking is fun"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that the owner of Wagner's meat wanted to promote his auto service stations with a follow-up line of bumper stickers: You can't pass Wagner's Gas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penelope_CA10:24 PM

    above my desk @ work I have a bumper sticker someone gave me that says "DRAFTERS DRAW OUT THE BEST"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Rangers do it in the park!!

    ReplyDelete