Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Dopple Gang

This morning I was told I look like Mr. Quintron.* I've also been mistaken for or told I look like the following:
  • Dave Matthews**
  • Dave Grohl
  • Harry Connick, Jr.
All musicians, often with the name "David"—what's up with that? Who do you supposedly look like?

* At work. I'm still stunned that anyone at my place of employment even knows who Quintron is.

** I was in a bar in Charlottesville. Some college gal I'd never seen before hollered at me, "Dave!" (This is my actual name. It doesn't say "Slimbolala" on my birth certificate.) Slightly confused, I responded, "Um… yes?" She hollered, "I love your music!" Slightly confused (since at that time I'd never played anywhere but in my bedroom), I responded, "Um… thank you." Her friend leaned over and whispered in her ear. She turned bright red. Clarifications were made. We went our respective ways.

7 comments:

  1. hmm... me?
    either member of Tenacious D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, actually my wife originally thought I resembled one of the Barenaked Ladies, but it was simply a very misleading pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the blond-haired, blue-eyed dolls in the American Doll catalogue have been said to resemble me. A boy I know thinks that I model for them. It disturbs me that he believes this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, the American Girl Catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't Quintron from N.O.? perhaps you are moonlighting, though your conscious psyche is unaware (a la, Fight Club)?

    the only person I've ever been told I look like is my dad. this means I'm either: (a) extremely unique, or (b) completely generic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex has been told that he resembles such diverse personalities as Steve Albini, Buddy Holly, and Christian Slater, and also some hipster band leader from some hipster group in the Twin Cities whose name or group I can't quite recall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. joshua2:38 PM

    dennis miller or arthur kent are my two most reported. unless you count "you remind me of a buddy of mine."

    ReplyDelete