Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Just Thought You Should Know...

I just thought you should know that:
  • I have one white eyelash. It periodically falls out but always grows back. I like to think it means I'm the Chosen One (though I have no cosmological basis for this claim).

  • I only wear grey socks—mid-charcoal grey. I'm having a hard time finding replacements, and they're all starting to look kind of ratty.

  • Taco trucks have changed my life. (Prior to the storm, I always packed my lunch for work. Now I find myself hitting the taco truck at least twice a week. Though I love the po-boys and other local fare, a big midday po-boy makes me want to kick my feet up on the desk, rest my hands on my gut, and go to sleep. But dos fajitas y dos pastor with onion, cilantro, lime, green and red sauce, and sliced jalapeno makes me want to jump up and down, thump my chest, hoot like a Gibbon, and do something.)

  • I am prone to occasional, inexplicable, and sudden shifts in my absurdly rigid rules of attire. I have, at various points in my youth and adulthood, refused to wear khakis, refused to wear jeans, refused to wear black, constantly worn black, refused to wear sneakers, only worn sneakers, etc. (I suspect, in the near future, I will ditch my current batch of stripey knit workaday shirts and replace them all with a closetful of short-sleeve white Oxfords—a rigorous Mormon missionary chic, if you will.)

  • I have a bigger head than anyone you know.*

  • I'm terrible at remembering songs (both lyrics and melody) and will often jumble two mis-remembered oldies together into a single, unintentional mashup.
What should I know about you?

* In the literal sense. It's kind of big in the metaphorical sense too, but I am, after all, the Chosen One.

9 comments:

  1. I have an Angel's Kiss on the lower section of my right ribs that has appeared, disappeared and reappeared since I can remember...It is currently back. I distinctly remember staring at it when I was really little and slept all natural-like in the Maine summer heat (it was hot for a little kid, really!).

    As for songs, well I never remember the artist or the album or name of the song, but I could hum the whole damned thing to ya, from beginning to end, with solos and all.

    Oh, except for the songs I really, really hate. Then I remember everything. Damn it.

    Lastly, when I was little, after swimming, I loved to find a fence and leave a "back-end" impression of myself. A little stamp, if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I can see how I need to provide a little more information, there. I would be dripping soaked from the swim and I would lean against the fence in such a way. Stamp. You know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have webbed toes, 2nd and 3rd on each foot. My beloved older brother, accordingly, used to call me "Mutie"--short for Mutant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way. I have 7 3/4, but Adrastos has size 8. He is a true melonhead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we know that your head is bigger than my head but, then they don't know me, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hands randomly smell strongly of garlic for a few days at a time, usually when my hands are clean and I haven't been eating any garlic at all.

    I wish I had webbed toes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was born with one less tooth than I should have. It's on the bottom and there's no large gap, but the dentist seemed intrigued by this. It doesn't affect my eating habits. I also have no earlobes like normanl people do. Thus, no hoochie hoops for me.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoochie+hoops

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandy9:18 AM

    In the family I married into, it is cause for sympathy if you have a small head. They all have good sized Lithuanian skulls, while I have an average or perhaps small head. This often prompts a, " Well you've just got a little pinhead, don't you? Bless your heart."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simbola Ur 1st post yes its same with me.
    I have one white eyelash. It periodically falls out but always grows back.
    I don't know why it happens!!
    Do u have any idea?

    ReplyDelete