Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Once Waited on Marilyn Manson

I once waited on Marilyn Manson:
  • His people called ahead requesting a "VIP table". It was a slow night. I looked around the restaurant. There were no VIP tables but plenty of empty tables. "Sure."
  • They came, the whole band plus a giant body guard.
  • I started to take the order of the person nearest me. Everyone quickly pointed to Marilyn. I took Marilyn's order.
  • He ordered an elaborate multi-course meal and a Coke.
  • Everyone else ordered the same elaborate multi-course meal and a Coke.
  • He barely touched the first course. He ordered another Coke.
  • Everyone else barely touched the first course (except the bodyguard). They ordered another Coke.
  • He barely touched the second course. He ordered another Coke.
  • Everyone else barely touched the second course (except the bodyguard). They ordered another Coke.
  • This went on for some time...
  • They each drank six Cokes.
  • They didn't talk.
  • They didn't smile.
  • Marilyn paid with a credit card. It had his real name, Brian Warner
  • He left a crappy tip.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was definite Wowsville though not, I think, the sort of wow he usually tries to elicit.

    ReplyDelete