Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It's Getting Hot in Herre

As I sat here just now eating my tacos heaped with sliced jalapeno, I thought of an incident from when I was a much younger man, far less knowledgeable about the ways of our world.

I'd been cooking dinner, something spicy. Later, I went to the bathroom and shortly thereafter was smitten with a searing, near-debilitating pain of the most personal sort. In something of a panic, I raced through possible causes, racking my brain for an explanation.* But I'd been a good boy, innocent of the sort of indiscretions that typically lead to such a quandary. Oh, the misery!

Only after plunging into an ice-cold bath, as the pain dissipated and my mind cleared, did the answer become obvious. Oh... the jalapenos.

I wash my hands very thoroughly after my taco lunches.

* Sarah was also very interested in hearing an explanation.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:52 PM

    You always have to know where the hands have been and where they are going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. penelope_ca9:19 PM

    oh... at first I thought you were referring to that particular sensation one has the morning after eating jalapenos!!!!

    talk about hot sh*t!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a corollary: don't put your contacts in after chopping habaƱeros, no matter how well you think you've washed your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would Joe react to a few jalapenos and habaneros?

    ReplyDelete