Friday, July 20, 2007

#1 Cud Power!

Driving to work this morning, I followed behind a large family-mobile. Somebody had written the following on the back:
#1 Cud Power!
What is that? Sounds gross but kind of intriguing. I'm pretty sure I'm on board. Yeah, let's go! Cud power! But closer examination revealed a different reading:*
#1 Cub Power!
Oh, sports. That makes more sense.

I confess, I was disappointed. Can we make the "cud power" thing happen anyway?

* The uppercase "D" turned out to be a lowercase "b" with a stubby extender.

6 comments:

  1. cud power must be sorta like bio-fuels, right? cellulosic ethanol and all that. billions of chewing cows, powering the information age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, yeah, that's it! I'll get to work on the "CUD, NOT CARBON" bumber stickers. It'll be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or I might even make some bumper stickers. Either way, it's good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:20 AM

    About "Cud not carbon", I'm sorry to tell you, but some scientists have discovered that some of the worst polluters of the atmosphere are cows -- what comes out of the other end. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But if only we could harness that! Just think of the power! We could rule the world! Cud power!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, what do those scientists know? Sure, they've got their methodologies and their logic. But what about heart? Hmm? What... about... heart?

    ReplyDelete