Sunday, August 12, 2007

Drawings-of-Stuff-Around-the-House-I-Feel-Like-Drawing: My Gas Mask

I'm starting a new series, Drawings-of-Stuff-Around-the-House-I-Feel-Like-Drawing. It is (as you might imagine) a series of drawings of stuff around the house I feel like drawing. First up, my gas mask:



It was bequeathed to me at a time when I was spending much of each day amid freakishly high toxic-mold spore-concentrations. Now it hangs on the back of the study door, serving as a quiet reminder of that (thankfully) bygone era. And as a means of amusing/frightening children.*

Note: The dangling tube is designed to screw into one's canteen for toxin-free drinking. It also works as a cocktail straw.

* I do parties—Anthrax the Terror Clown and His Balloon Animals of Doom. Very reasonable rates.

5 comments:

  1. how much for an hour of Anthrax the Terror Clown? (perhaps Friends and Family Discount?) I'm planning an event for some out-of-towners and I think you would be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh ooh ooh, I've got a caption!

    Oh, wait, sorry, wrong series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All series are One.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Big Bill give you that one? I gave it to a kid who made it into a D. Vader mask. And that is why I gave it to him.

    ReplyDelete