Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Punkin' Rock!



Wishing you a very hairy Halloween!*

* I was going for a "hairy"-as-substitute-for-"scary" play on words. Was that clear? ("Computer says 'no'.") Alas, such is the fate alotted to us by our complicated chain of increasingly obscure insider references (1, 2, 3) and its happenstantial coincidence with Halloween.

Note: I believe this the first time I've ever used the word "happenstantial". I liked it.

Note: It's not easy rendering Ramonian disenchantment in jack-o-face.

5 comments:

  1. I can almost see the track marks on Dee Dee's vine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Spectacular!...or should I say spooktacular? Very beautiful job, er - bootiful job on the Ramonian disenchantment.

    A great project of blending concepts - which is a precarious thing. Sometimes it doesn't turn out as well as yours did.

    - The Anonymous at Work on a Moniker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Ashley's comment. Re: "Not enough disenchantment", I think you rendered them very well. Maybe a tad more dour would do in a I- want-to-be-sedated way

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw one unfortunate candidate to beat all. A Beatles' mod mullet. No kidding, the mullet portion was the narrowest width of her neck, without being a "duck tail" and the rest was truly reminiscent of a Beatles' mop. It was the saddest, strangest attempt of a hair-do I've ever seen.

    Nevermind, she was the oldish mother of a wee-toddler. Still looked a wee pregnant, or re-pregnant. I feel a little bad reporting on this, even though I didn't know her. hmm...

    ReplyDelete