Thursday, November 29, 2007

Human Hairdo Project: The Devilock

I'm not really up to speed on the Danzig/devilock scene, but I believe we're talking about something like this, yes?



Question:* Are there any stipulations about what goes on with the rest of the head, or can one mix and match the devilock with other styles as one sees fit? A devilock/mullet combo? ("Satan in the front, party in the back...")

* Comment: I'm thinking you've got to be really committed to your look to stick with the devilock—that thing dangling between your eyes all the time? Are there any studies linking devilocks to nearsightedness or other visual impairments? (If not, some eager-young-Bible-Belt-opthamologist-with-a-name-to-make better get crackin': "Devilocks are blinding our children to the light of the sun and the light of Our Lord!")

8 comments:

  1. I like it. Not quite how I remember the Misfits in 1983, but pretty much dead on.

    And wouldn't you have to go mullet in the back? I mean, would that not look stooopid with a buzzcut in back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:50 PM

    I think you've got it drawn right. The focus is on the long front section of hair. The back is short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one word: Squiggy. Actually, no...Squiggy-just-came-in-from-a-downpour-
    and-lost-his-curl-and-then-his-face-slid-
    off-from-shock. That's the word I'm looking for....


    lubsis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm definitely feeling the Squiggy-with-a-bunch-of-hyphens. And I was wondering what happened to his face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. joshua4:34 PM

    the devilock! right on. by careful research on the internets, i am seeing that jerry only of the misfits is currently sporting the devilock/male-pattern-baldness do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look at that, the devilock traversing and obscuring the receding hairline. I think it might be fair to call that a demonic combover. Hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:52 AM

    I've got a devilock. Damn good drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *embarassed* I wore a devilock from 1987-2007 when I finally had to cut it off for a job :P

    ReplyDelete