Sunday, November 11, 2007

Something Old, Something New

Well, we passed a major milestone this week in the post-Katrina recovery of our little home-sweet-home. The antiques came back.

Prior to the storm, the ground floor of our house was full of old family furniture that had passed through the generations into my possession. They were well-worn but beautiful. But when I first returned after the storm, they looked like this:



A few days later, they left the house looking like this:



(Note the stray pieces duct-taped on in grocery bags.) Now they look like this:*



I still haven't wrapped my head around it.** It's wonderful.

* My deepest thanks go to those who made it possible. (You know who you are.)

** And a single photograph doesn't do justice to the resurrection. (There are quite a few pieces.) I'll have to post more.

4 comments:

  1. Those old pieces really do warm up a place, don't they? Nothing quite like it really.
    Putting it altogether, very nice.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's wonderful, the chairs are real treasures - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mothgirl11:50 AM

    Let's see the dining table!

    ReplyDelete