Sunday, January 06, 2008

RSfMS(wC):* This I Believe



Do you listen to the NPR segment, "This I Believe"? It's well-and-good but runs towards the non-controversial, don't you think? "I believe love is good." "I believe children should be nurtured and fed." "I believe mean people suck."

The contrarian in me craves a bit of rough-and-tumble. Just once in a while. Somebody who believes something offensive. Or really weird. Keep us on our toes.

* Random Stuff from My Sketchbook (with Commentary)

6 comments:

  1. Well it is NPR, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkeys are our allies... for now. Genius. Because it really gets you thinking. Like, when are they going to turn on us, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. craic-head7:43 PM

    Though this isn't one of your Sayings I'm Liking installments, I have one for you: That show has a flair for the obvious.

    I do remember liking this gal's thoughts, however. I also believe in the Pizza Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in the demise of chalkboards; chalk scares me.

    I have a friend who's still waiting to marry Tupac. She believes he's alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Walker Percy's novel, "The Moviegoer" (written in 1961), the protagonist calls into an earlier encarnation of "This I Believe" and says, "I believe in a good, swift kick in the ass. This I believe"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete