Sarah by the track.
Today, Sarah joined the Three-and-Seven Club. A good day:
- A fancy night in a fancy hotel. (The kids were tended by a kindly grandparent. Thanks, mom.)
- Super Sunday. (Not a bad day for a birthday.)
- An afternoon at the racetrack.*
- Perfect weather. (I ordered it extra-special.)
* We had no no dramatic wins or losses, but we did see a jockey thrown from his horse in one of the races. Fortunately he was uninjured.
** I considered a more precise calculation, but calendar math makes my head hurt—all those leap-years and irregular month-lengths.