Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sandwich Creme Genetics

This evening after dinner, we noticed that both our girls twist their sandwich creme cookies* apart and eat each half separately, just like me, whereas Sarah eats them whole. I must conclude from this anecdotal evidence that the Twist-Sandwich-Creme-Cookies-Apart (TSCCA) gene is dominant whereas the Eat-Sandwich-Creme-Cookies-Whole (ESCCW) gene is recessive.

Thank goodness we have the crisp clear light of modern science to illuminate this murky curiosity.

* A.k.a. "Oreos". Except that these weren't actually Oreos. Though I must concede, "sandwich creme cookie" sounds a bit clumsy. I suppose it's one of those "Kleenex"/"tissue paper" things.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Makes me want Sandwhich Cremes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you had some, how would you eat them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marco7:56 AM

    how about faux oreos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:40 AM

    I like the new vanilla Oreos. Try them if you haven't already. I don't think they're twistable, however. Not so crisp as the cookie we all love. But good::)

    I used yo find it a challenge to twist off a whole cookie from the compex, tiered one. If one little speck of creme stuck to the top one, then I had failed. So I would have to try to to try to twist another one perfectly. and I got to eat another cookie. Yum:)

    ReplyDelete