Saturday, April 11, 2009

Touch of Class

This catalog arrived in the mail today:*



Can you read that? "Touch of Class."** Hmm. I'll go ahead and say it: Damn! Sometimes there's such a thing as too much class.

* I wonder how we wound up on this mailing list. I suppose our classy-reputation proceeds us.

** A "touch"? More like a vicious to-the-brink-of-death bludgeoning... of class. (A classy bludgeoning, after which, one is tied up in a classy sack full of classy rocks, then thrown into a classy river where one sinks to the classy depths, gasping one's last classy breath before the classy lights go out forever.)

5 comments:

  1. Mary T10:42 AM

    That's where I live. and should hope to die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be on their mailing list, too, so even here in Possum Hollow people have class but I guess I lost it since it stopped coming,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Whoa.
    I had to look that Touch of Ass...er, Touch of Class catalog up online. Their motto? "A Home Like No Other."

    You ain't kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have "A Touch of Class" used clothing and furniture store here. You can find some great deals on suits there, if you can just get over the completely awful decor! Class is in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd! They're still at it! I thought — I thought wrong, evidently.

    ReplyDelete