Monday, June 15, 2009

Like Dan Rathers in a Simile Storm

The other day, for some reason, I fell into using folksy Dan Rathers-esque similes all day long.* At work, our server was running slow, and I told our sysadmin that it was running:
"like a turtle on cough syrup"
I have no idea where that came from, but I was rather proud of it. (Good Slim. [pat, pat]) What folks-isms do you like to kick around the ol' vernacular patch?

* I do stuff like that sometimes; I don't know why. I think it's a specific, intermittent sub-varietal of my Beat-Dead-Horse-itis.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:41 AM

    Nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marco8:16 AM

    finer than frog hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. pookie10:48 AM

    Nervous as a pregnant nun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:15 AM

    not the sharpest tack in town

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy5:19 PM

    slower than molasses going uphill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa1:55 PM

    Ugly as sin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Full as a tick on a hound dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Its no skin off my ass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy as God makes a snake. (Stole it from the Far Side.)

    ReplyDelete