Saturday, May 29, 2010

Random Stuff from My Sketchbook (with Commentary) Redux

Recently some of my digi-devices weren't been on speaking terms, making it irksomely difficult to scan things, and as a consequence, very few illustrations graced these pages (er, screens) of late. But now I have a new scanner, and it's once again easy-peasy lemon-squeezy to whisk doodles from the page into the digi-ether. So let's celebrate by kicking off a new series, "Random Stuff from My Sketchbook (with Commentary) Redux".*

First up, this guy:


That's the random stuff from my sketchbook. Now for the commentary: I don't remember drawing this guy though he's a fairly recent creation (that happens some time), but presumably he was a harbinger of the onset of swimsuit season. He doesn't look very happy about it. (Really, does anybody. Swimming? Great. Publicly parading around in something resembling underwear? A fraught business.) His plaid trunks are kind of rad, though. Maybe the water's cold.

* Which the more astute amongst you may have deduced is a sequel to our original series, "Random Stuff from My Sketchbook (with Commentary)" plain and simple.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:50 PM

    He seems to suffer from a big head syndrome like some in our family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above was really my comment but somehow my name was missed. I am sure you know all the big head people in our family, Slim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and swimsuit season exacerbates the problem. He can't wear big clothes to make his head look proportional.

    ReplyDelete